You can't help but be amazed. At breakfast this morning we were eating powdered donuts (a treat for the end of the school year). Mason asked how many donuts each person could have and as always I don't answer a question that the kids can figure out on their own so I said, you tell me, there are six people in the family and 12 donuts. Within 2 seconds he said, two a piece. Not only was I shocked at the speed he replied but so was Valynn, she asked him how he knew, his reply, "6 + 6 is 12 who get's Kyleigh's two? "
Should I be worried about this one? As Kyra was getting dressed this morning she asked if she could wear a dress, after looking at all the dresses in her closet she finally picked one out and then asked me "Do you think Matthew will think I'm pretty in this dress?". Matthew is on vacation otherwise she would probably be over there asking him that question. The affection goes both ways, Matthew wakes up in the morning and informs his parents "I'm going to eat breakfast, get dressed, and go play with Kyra. " This is a daily conversation at their house. These two are hilarious as they giggle and scream with delight when they see each other and the profound sadness and disappointment coupled with "Kyra (or Matthew) come back" when they must part ways.
Valynn's game was canceled on Wednesday because of wet fields. She has a game tonight, hopefully I'll have pictures to post tomorrow. Mason has his first game tomorrow morning. Today it's finally sunny out, I was out in the garden for a couple of hours this morning. I'm watching the neighbor boy today since the Kindergarten class is on a field trip. Mason is excited to have Jordan over.
Chantel, Tonya, and I have decided to enter the Heritage Days 5K walk/run in three weeks. We decided this yesterday and started training last night. Last nights training consisted of walking up and down the street for an hour while visiting. We'll see what comes of it as we try to work around 3 husbands work schedules and the schedules of 11 kids.
Yesterday I tried a new recipe, chipster topped brownies. Brownies topped with chocolate chip cookie (Stacey and Laurie, I was thinking of you when I made it). A very good treat after walking for an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment