Friday, May 22, 2009

Exhausted and it's not over yet!




Where to begin? Wednesday night Valynn had her first softball game. She got three excellent hits, twice she got a runner home. The team still lost but they did much better than we thought they would. You also realize your coaching mistakes in a first game, we were teaching the girls to always throw to first, well, they would throw to first instead of touching third or home plate. We have another game tonight and can hopefully correct that problem. I had fun coaching, Valynn was disappointed because she was in the outfield but that should be changed up a little tonight.

Yesterday was busy, busy, busy. I went with Valynn on a field trip which meant getting the other three packed up and to the neighbors by 7:30. The class went to Central Fire Station which is the largest and busiest in Peoria. We then went to a park in Chillicothe where we met Mark for lunch. After lunch and a little time on the playground the class went to Chilli Bowl. They got to bowl a game and then were given a behind the scenes tour. Very interesting. After we got back I went to pick up the kids at Tonya's. Kyra was still napping (she napped for four hours) so the other three kids and I headed to my follow up appointment with my foot, we then came back picked up Kyra and finally haded home. We were home for about a half hour before heading over to the Bowdoin's for my Birthday supper. We had a great meal and then headed home where the kids tried out my birthday present, a Wii Fit. I was the last one to try it but the only one who was fit for my age (good thing I had my birthday otherwise I would have been off by a year). We have a busy weekend of get togethers and things to do but it should all calm down by Monday. Valynn has 5 days of school left.

Kyleigh is also getting more mobile. While not crawling more than a foot or so at a time she is nonetheless finally crawling. She does a crazy little leg thing, I'll try to get a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment