It's been a long few days. Friday Kyra woke without a fever but when I asked if she wanted to go on her field trip she said no so I knew she wasn't feeling well and her fever did come back about an hour later. This also means I wasn't able to join Mason on his field trip. He said he had fun at the Fire Station and bowling. Friday morning my Grandma Hinds passed away. Valynn took the news hard and at times she is still processing it, Mason is asking a lot of questions but seems to have handled the news well. Kyra and Kyleigh don't remember her. We are still waiting to hear details about the arrangements to know when we'll be traveling to North Dakota. Grandma will be missed and she was the biggest fan of this blog. She was the reason I posted so frequently, "so she could get her weekly fix of Great Grandkids".
Friday night Valynn and I had volleyball practice. While I was at volleyball practice Mark was watching all four of our kids (Valynn didn't feel like going) and our friends two kids until their sitter arrived to watch their boys. After practice we went to Pizza Hut for supper and received a free large pizza because they messed up on one of ours and they had an extra pizza, so we have plenty of left overs.
Saturday morning Kyra still wasn't feeling well and then Kyleigh came down with a fever. Mark stayed home with the kids while I took Valynn to her volleyball game. My girls lost all three games but I'm so impressed with their improvement, they way they started returning balls and playing as a team made me proud.
This morning Mark stayed home with Kyra and Kyleigh while Valynn, Mason, and I went to church. I taught Sunday School this morning, Valynn played piano, I had a WELCA meeting, and then a church council meeting. We didn't get home until 1:00. Kyra is feeling better today, no fever, she has her appetite back, and some energy. Kyleigh took a two hour nap this morning, a two hour nap this afternoon, and at 7:00 crawled into her crib and laid there for a half hour before getting up to ask if she could watch a movie. She is very clingy and cranky.
I start my three weeks of single parenting tomorrow night. It's going to be a rough three weeks for Mark and I. When he is home he's going to have to study, we've already told the kids that they won't see dad very much. Otherwise our week consists of piano lessons, 3rd Grade open house, baseball practice, GI doctor appointment, work one day, and the Raingutter Regatta for Boy Scouts. I have some things I need to take care of for Church Council and VBS this week as well.
I had to include a picture of Charlie in the Dora House, the kids thought it was funny. He is getting very social. He wants to be in the same room as everyone else. He also getting to where he wants his daily dose of attention and wants to be held.
No comments:
Post a Comment