We are on day 7 of the 15 days that Mark has summer school. So far it's going really well. Last Wednesday (18th) Valynn had her 3rd grade open house at the school. This last 9 weeks the third graders have been switching rooms and the teachers have each focused on a different subject. Valynn has learned about poetry, Africa, and simple machines and the solar system. Valynn's teacher said she has an aptitude for Science. We had a good time looking at all her projects.
On Thursday Mason had a GI appointment. The doctor said everything sounds promising and his next endoscopy is scheduled for the 31st. Keep your fingers crossed that everything comes back normal. On Friday Mason had his rain gutter regatta for Boy Scouts. Mason got second place and was very excited. He has more hot air than your average Boy Scout. I taught High School Math on Friday as well. I had a very nice day, I got to come home for 3 hours and get paid because the seniors were done with school. I was also home ALONE for those 3 hours because Kyra and Kyleigh stayed at the babysitters. It's amazing how much can get done when you don't have anyone interrupting you.
On Saturday I turned 35. It was absolutely perfect outside. I got some tree branches cut, burned the burning pile, and worked in the garden, all before noon. Mark went to the neighbors to cut wood so we'll have wood to burn this winter. In the evening we took martini's and popcorn made in my new popper over to the neighbors and played a dice game. Very enjoyable day.
On Sunday we went to church, out to eat, and then came home so Mark could study. Yesterday I went with Valynn on her field trip to Lakeview Museum. I enjoyed spending time with Valynn. Today I worked this morning and this afternoon Mason has his first baseball game.
Addy has given us a scare a couple of times this week, she has disappeared outside over night, luckily we've found her by the building behind the house but we don't know why she doesn't come home in the morning like Buttons does. Charlie has moved into the kitchen, his new spot to sit is under the table. This weekend we had him outside on the leash and somehow he got his leash off the stake in the ground. We were looking all over the yard when Kyra said let's look in the house. Sure enough he was sitting under the table, one of the girls had left the door open and he hopped right in. Mason wants to take Charlie in to visit his class this week so we'll do that one day. Hopefully Charlie is on his best behavior.


No comments:
Post a Comment