Monday, May 30, 2011

Charlie goes to school...

Last Thursday Charlie got to go to school. Mason asked if he could take Charlie to show his classmates, I reluctantly agreed. Charlie was a big hit, all the kids got to pet him and even watch him hop around while on his leash. Of course the teacher in me had to have a reason to take the rabbit to school, so the kids learned that he was a lagomorph not a rodent and some of the differences, why his eyes are on the side of his head, and what he eats. He visited three classrooms in all. I got home that morning and didn't feel good, very exhausted. I laid around most of the day, Friday I pretty much slept the day away. I had a slight fever but was mostly just tired. Valynn and Mason had their last day of school on Friday. They are excited to be home for the summer. Mason had a baseball game on Friday evening, he got some great hits and his team got a double play.

Saturday I was feeling a little better so we had family garden time. We picked about 1 1/2 pints of strawberries, radishes, lettuce, and spinach. We put some more newspaper and grass in between the rows, until we ran out of grass. I mowed the lawn while Mark did some weeding and then after lunch I took a nap while Mark worked in the garage.

Today we had a great Memorial Day. Mark has about 5 more pieces of steel to put on the ceiling in the garage (with my help of course). The kids got to play on their new slip-n-slide (the left over plastic from the garage. I was going to take pictures but I was too busy helping Mark and shooting a water gun on some unsuspecting kids from behind a bush =). Don't worry Mason got me back later in the day when I once again went after him, I was smart enough to grab the water gun that sprays in different directions so I could get Mason on the otherside of the tree without him getting me, but he got me back when I ran out of water. The kids each made something for supper tonight. Valynn made a delicious rhubarb strawberry pie with strawberries and rhubarb from the garden. She even made the pie crusts from scratch. Mason made an oriental salad. Kyra made a bean dip. Kyleigh made lemonade twice because the first batch was drank before supper. Mark grilled the brats and hotdogs. So that means, I got to clean up. It was about 90 outside today so the slip-n-slide was refreshing.



You can't tell in the picture but Charlie's eyes are closed and he's all relaxed. Mark has four days of his class left. The kids have slept together for the last three nights, I always love how they look when they are all sleeping together. Tonight they are back in the beds because tomorrow Mason has his endoscopy so he has to be up early. Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment