Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break Round 1







Valynn and Mason have Spring Break this week, Kyra does not. I keep forgetting it's Spring Break because Kyra still has school.

On Friday we went to the local fish fry and then came home and Mark installed the new dishwasher. And the best part of any new appliance? It's the box of course. The kids have been having fun playing in their new house.

On Saturday I ran my second 5k in the Akron Schoolhouse 5k. I improved my time by about 45 seconds and can in 4th female overall. I'm happy with the results considering I'm only running one day a week and cross training the other days. I have to share this story to give you an idea about the community we live in. When I went to check in for the race the lady taking registrations asked my name. When I told her my name she immediately knew who I was not because we've ever met, but because of my dishes. She is in charge of Teacher Appreciation meals and helps with the cooking at the turkey noodle dinner, she could recall what my dishes looked like and what I supplied for the meals. She is also the sister of one of our newer neighbors and the sister of the lady teaching the preschool that Kyleigh is going to next year.

Saturday afternoon we had our first soccer games. Mason's team got beat and didn't score any goals. It's more of a challenge this year because they play on a bigger field and learn positions so there are defensemen waiting if someone tries to break away. Kyra's team did OK as well. I have to keep reminding myself that they are 4 year olds who lose interest quickly. We scored a couple of goals and were winning until the last quarter when the team decided they were done playing.

Sunday we went to church. Mason played piano during communion. He did better this time and he sat in the front of the church to play because the piano has been moved out of the loft. Sunday's soccer games went better. Mason scored the only goal of the game, the other team scored a goal but it was called back. Kyra was a little more aggressive today and got a couple of break aways but wasn't able to score. We definitely need to work on defense. Sunday night the Donsbachs came over to do a couple of things and then we tried the new Mexican restaurant in Princeville. Very good.

Charlie is adjusting fine, he is now allowed out of his cage when we are home. We try to keep him in the sunroom but he's starting to venture out into the kitchen and our bedroom. He's very good about using his litter box and one day we might let him have free reign, but for now we'll keep him contained. As you can see from the picture Addy and Charlie get alone. I have had to answer the question "Mom, why is Charlie on top of Addy and shaking?" I know one day the reply "That is how he plays" isn't going to fly but I'm going to use it as long as I can.

This week is pretty low key, we cancelled soccer practice tonight because of the cold and wind. It was 83 and windy  yesterday and is 38 and windy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment