Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Charlie

Meet Charlie. Addy seems to like him. The other two cats were curious about him but didn't get too close. Charlie seems to have adjusted fine and the kids are enjoying him.




There were three cats at Charlie's previous home so cats don't bother him.


In other news from today. I talked with Kyra's preschool teacher about sending her to Kindergarten next year. She thought it would be best to hold Kyra back solely on where her birthday falls. She said if it was based purely on academic readiness she wouldn't hesitate to send her. Socially she is ahead but would still benefit from another year and from a stamina stand point she might not physically be able to handle a full day of Kindergarten. This left me with more questions as to what to do with her and with Kyleigh. I didn't want them in the same preschool class, I didn't want to drive three days a week to preschool. I was given different options but nothing worked with a schedule I liked. I came home and my neighbor suggested a local in home preschool and I called to talk to the teacher and I think we have a plan for this fall. Kyleigh will attend the in home preschool 1 day a week. Kyra will attend the Friday program at the preschool she goes to now. I'm only driving two days a week and the cost will remain the same. Currently Kyra doesn't attend Fridays which is for preK students so it'll be something different for her.

We met a friend and Mark for lunch today. The kids always have fun playing and were wore out to the point that they both napped! This afternoon I also received a surprise, I got an email saying "coach here is your roster for volleyball". Ahh what? When I signed Valynn up for volleyball I said "Let me know if you need another coach and I'll think about it". At least call and talk to me, don't send me an email. Games and practices start next week, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment