We had a pretty low key week around here. On the 4th we cancelled soccer practice because it was cold and windy. Valynn and Mason had piano lessons on Tuesday. Kyra had school on Wednesday. On Thursday I took the kids to a new place called Monkey Joes, the kids played hard for 3 hours. Monkey Joes is a playground of inflatables for the kids to jump, climb, and slide on. Kyleigh was a little hesitant at first but it didn't take her long to join the older siblings in climbing the highest inflatable and sliding down. I forgot my camera. It was hard keeping track of four kids let alone keeping track of them when they decided to play hide and seek. Thursday night we went to the Ingles to watch the Fighting Sioux hockey team play at the Frozen Four. Unfortunately they lost but we had a great time visiting and watching the game (and maybe converting them into Sioux fans?). Friday Valynn had her first volleyball practice and I had my first shot at coaching volleyball. I gave the girls a 1 hour crash course on the rules of volleyball and the basics. On Saturday we had our first game, we got beat all three games but I was impressed in how the girls played having only one practice and only 2 girls had played before. Valynn got one serve over and bumped the ball a couple of times. Valynn then stayed to play on another team that was short girls. She got a few more bumps in and a few more serves over. Mason had a birthday party Saturday afternoon and while he was there I took the girls to the park. After the birthday party Mark took Mason bowling for Boy Scouts.
Yesterday we went to Catholic Church, Mark took the kids to CCD while I headed to St. Timothy for a Church council meeting. I also had a meeting of the parents for first communion. My meeting went long so I got home and had five minutes to get ready to head out for the soccer games. Mason had a great game yesterday he scored three goals and his team won. Mark is proud of the way his team is improving and playing well together. Kyra's team, let's just say it wasn't pretty. I lost track after the 5th goal was scored in the first quarter and it only got worse when a team member threw another one down and pushed his face in the dirt, luckily they are brothers otherwise I would have had some irate parents. We have practice tonight and will work on defense but this age group is really hard because of short attention spans. After soccer Mason has baseball practice.
On tap for this week.....tonight is soccer practice and Mason has a Pack meeting for Boy Scouts. Tomorrow night Mark has class and the kids have piano lessons. On Wednesday night Mason has baseball practice. On Thursday Mark has class (at least I don't have to go any where). On Friday Valynn has volleyball practice. On Saturday Valynn has a volleyball game and First Communion classes. Sunday is church, soccer and baseball practice. Every other Thursday Mason has Boy Scouts and this Thursday he has an appointment with the GI. And repeat that schedule for the next two weeks. I'm sure I'll forget something.
Kyra is home from school today. She's woken up with a cough the last two mornings and this morning she said she doesn't want to go to school. She's laying on the couch watching TV but is feeling better. I'm excited because tonight for supper we are having our first picking of asparagus from the garden this year. It means Spring is here, we also have peas, onions, lettuce, and broccoli coming up in the garden. I have a few plants started in the sunroom that will be ready to transplant in about a month. Mark found out last week that he got an A in his last class, the one where he was gone almost every night working on a group project. Way to go Mark.
Most nights when the kids don't have school the next day we let them sleep together, which they did almost every day last week. They decided to camp out in the office, don't they look beautiful? And then they woke up, just kidding, they are great kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment