Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Future in Logistics?

I have decided I should be highly qualified to go into logistics when I decide to enter the workforce, coordinating 6 schedules including a husband who works and goes to school, has adequately prepared me. You'll see why when I recap the last couple of weeks.

On the 28th I met with a friends for coffee which was a nice break after the washing machine episode. Throughout that day I was taking laundry over to the neighbors so we would have some clean clothes. The kids had piano lessons that night and then we came home to eat supper, Mark had a study group. On Tuesday Kyra started storytime at the library with Ms. Anita. Valynn, Mason, and Kyra had swimming lessons. Valynn successfully completed level 3. Mason only failed one thing in level 2, the backstroke. He was disappointed and if we wouldn't have missed two weeks of lessons he might have been successful. Kyra needs to repeat level 1 but considering she wouldn't put her head underwater at the start of lessons and will now do it (only a couple of times at my request), she's making progress. We flew home from lessons with 5 minutes to spare before I had a PTO meeting to get to. On Wednesday Kyleigh had gymnastics and Thursday and Friday were spent cleaning house and getting caught up on projects. On Friday we found out our neighbors mom passed away, very sad but she was 95 years old.

On Saturday I had to go to church to drop off some papers, I came home in time from Mark to leave for his study group. I then made a breakfast dish and blueberry coffee cake for the neighbors, delivered by 11:30. By 12:30 I had all four kids loaded up in the vehicle to head to a Girl Scout outing. Valynn's troop went to a Bradley Women's basketball game. I met Mark at the library on campus to drop off the three younger kids before Valynn and I headed to the game. We had a great time at the game and Bradley won! The troop then went out to eat, a great time was had by all. Mark took the other three out to eat after his study group and then took them home. On Sunday we went to church, bought groceries, went out to eat, went home for 20 minutes before heading to Wyoming for meet the coach for soccer. I was able to find a high schooler to help me coach soccer so I don't have to deal with 9 preschoolers on my own. We came home and Mark headed to campus for his study group.

Sunday night was one of those great nights with the whole family in the kitchen (sans Mark), helping make supper. Mason made blueberry coffeecake (he wanted one after he took one over to the neighbors but we had to buy ingredients for his dairy free cake), Valynn made the pasta side dish, Kyra washed the dishes, and Kyleigh helped made the fruit salad. We had side pork and green beans to round out the meal.

On Monday Mark decided at 9:00 in the morning to take a half day off which made my life much easier. Kyleigh had a doctor's appointment in the morning. She has gained 3 1/2 pounds since September and now tips the scale at 26 pounds. I didn't get her height. I was home for about 2 hours before I left to take Mason to his doctor's appointment. Mason has gained 2 pounds and grew 3/4" in 3 months. The doctors and nurses were thrilled with his growth (as are Mark and I). Unfortunately in the last two weeks he has started complaining about his stomach again. We have to take him in for an x-ray if he complains about his stomach, it has been 2 days since it's bothered him. The x-ray would check for constipation which is possible with a low fiber diet. Mason and I got home with 5 minutes to spare before we headed up to the wake for our neighbor's mom. We came home and Mark left for his study group.

Kyleigh has made progress with pooping on the potty, one accident in the last week. She has become increasingly independent. This morning she had to dress herself in clothes of her choosing, she matches well considering she picked it out herself, but her shirt is inside out and backwards. She goes through  3 pairs of socks a day because she figured out how to put them on herself. Her newest job is to put the dishwashing tablet in the dishwasher and start it up, she gets mad if someone else does it.

Yesterday we decided we needed a family get away. Mark's class is done on Thursday and he has a week off before he starts 2 classes. We were going to go to a waterpark but they are all booked so we have decided to go to St. Louis. We haven't decided what we're going to do yet but it'll be a much needed break.

The pictures are from basketball and Mason's blue and gold banquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment