Monday, March 28, 2011

Nothing exciting...

Nothing too exciting to post which is why I haven't posted for a couple of weeks. On the 16th the Sunday School served at the Lenten Soup Suppers at the Lutheran Church. The kids always have fun serving and helping out in the kitchen. On Thursday the 17th we had parent teacher conferences. Valynn is reading at a 7th-8th grade level. The tricky part is keeping books challenging but within her comprehension level. She did have a little issue of not having her advanced reading group homework done two days in a row, unfortunately the trip was part of the reason. She's done better the last two weeks but if she does it again she'll be moved down a level. She's having a couple of other problems in the classroom with being easily distracted and not always paying attention. We're at a loss of what to do about it because she's not being defiant, it's more of a curiosity issue, she gets distracted reading something and doesn't listen to directions. She's a very visual learner so if something catches her eye she's drawn to it. Mason is cruising along in school. The teacher won't give out his reading level but it's a couple of grades above 1st. There are no issues with him, he's well behaved and listens well. Once again the high school principal was talking with his teacher about his absences because he's been flagged with missing so many days. The good news is he missed 14 days the first quarter, 8 days the second quarter, and 6 days the third quarter, so he's going to school more every quarter. Kyra has really started to read simple words the last couple of weeks. I'm going to visit with her teacher on Wednesday about what to do with her next year. Mark and I go back and forth on whether to send her to Kindergarten or hold her back a year, she's ready in so many ways yet she still has days where I can tell she isn't ready. The neighbors are going to hold their boy who's 6 weeks older back a year so this also weighs in on our decision because we would like them to go to school together. Kyleigh is blossoming as well. She knows her shapes and most of her colors. We finally have the potty training down to where I no longer take the diaper bag with me anymore.

On the 19th we helped the Endres' host their going away party. It's sad to say good bye to them but I know they'll enjoy Florida. Besides they are leaving something for us to remember them by, their rabbit Charlie. I'm picking him up on Wednesday so I'll post pictures them. On the 21st we held our first soccer practices and then had our HOA annual meeting. After serving as secretary for 3 years I'm no longer on the board. After the meeting Mark and I had a mini date and the local bar. On the 24th we had our big PTO fundraiser, the turkey noodle dinner. I cooked a turkey for the dinner but was unable to work because Mason had a boy scout meeting.

Yesterday we were supposed to have our first soccer games. Unfortunately they were cancelled due to the weather, for those of you up north don't laugh too hard, it was sunny and 40 with a slight breeze. They thought it was too cold. Yesterday afternoon I called the neighbors to see if they got the TV channel that carried the Sioux hockey game. Fortunately they did, so we went over there for the game and supper. It was a fun evening and we've made a date with them to do it again on the 7th for the Frozen Four. Today I ordered my new dishwasher, the old one Mark was unable to resurrect. I'll have it on Friday, until then I'll continue with my child labor for washing dishes. Tonight we have soccer practice otherwise it's a nice quiet week. I'm hoping to get caught up on a few things around the house. Last week I planted onions, peas, lettuce, and broccoli in the garden. I also got my seeds started for my tomatoes, watermelon, and some herbs. Mark has been busy in his garage and he's hoping to finish insulating it and putting up a ceiling.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment