Friday, January 15, 2010

Follow up






Finally, the pictures I promised of the kids sledding. We went sledding on Wednesday after school before all the snow melted.

Mason has been diagnosed with gastroparesis. His stomach doesn't propel the food into the small intestine with the force that it needs to empty. He will be going on a low fiber diet to see if it will help and then undergo the gastric emptying test in 2-3 months. If at any time he has more stomach pains he will need to under go another endoscopy. The doctor has never seen this in someone this young and is hoping Mason will outgrow it.

The food that was found in his stomach is called a bezoar. It was about 7 cm long and bigger than a golf ball. His appetite has really improved and hopefully he will now put on some weight. I can tell he is feeling so much better.

I am done with tutoring now. I was let go because of a state law that states a special ed student needs a special ed tutor. Because of some changes the hours were going to drop drastically anyway so it's for the best especially with Mark gone four nights a week with class.

Valynn and Mason started swim lessons again last night. They both enjoy swimming and had fun. Basketball starts tomorrow, I'm debating on signing up to coach, we'll see if they need more coaches tomorrow. Mark's parents are coming for the weekend so we'll be busy with them and we have the annual church meeting at the Lutheran Church on Sunday. And who can forget the Vikings game! Mark and the kids have Monday off so we're going to enjoy a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment