Today was the second day of school and my fourth week of work. So where did the summer go?
The second week of June the kids did a Vacation Bible School at our friend's church. Valynn was a preschool helper and the younger three attended. They had a blast and want to do it again next year. That week I studied and took my Biology Subject Area test so I am now fully qualified to teach Biology.
On June 17th Valynn got braces and over the next month got baby teeth and a couple of permanent teeth pulled. Valynn played in the jazz band in the Heritage Days talent show. Kyra played softball this summer and had a good season, she was one of the most consistent hitters for her team. Kyleigh had a fun year playing TBall. The 28th we headed up to Minnesota for the week. The kids had fun as usual helping with the farm chores. One day we went to the Mall of America and rode the rides at Nickelodeon Land. The girls, cousin Mindy and I went to the American Girl Doll store for some lunch and shopping while Mark and Mason found a more manly place to eat lunch. The Fourth of July the kids and Mark participated in the Hillman Parade as part of Grandpa's campaign float.
July brought VBS at the Lutheran Church followed by work training for me while the kids spent a week in ND. In May I accepted a job as a Preschool Aide in a Head Start classroom here in Princeville starting August 18th. July 17th I got a phone call asking if I could start July 28th and be the head teacher (I had training the week before). So life has been hectic as I try to figure out how to run a Preschool classroom with students who speak mostly Spanish. I also have to do Lesson Plans and Evaluations. It's been interesting and I'm learning a lot. The two year olds have been moved to my class so I have 2-5 year old but it's only 6 students so far so it's manageable. Also in July the kids participated in a Kid Muddy Run for St. Jude. They ran a mile with obstacle and of course mud, they had a blast and want to do it again next year.
School started August 15th for the kids. All four kids are now in school. They are back at two different schools as Valynn is at the High School. We are now full swing into all activities. Valynn is running cross country. She had her first meet last Saturday, it was a large meet with over 10 schools and she placed 5th overall. Her team got first and the boys came in second, so it should be a great year. Mason is on a travel soccer team again. He made the Top Squad for his age group so we will be doing more travel but he is excited by the challenge. In June he was a guest player for his previous coach's new team. He had a great tournament scoring 5 of the teams 9 goals but over all they only won 1 game but he still had fun. Kyra is playing soccer at the same place Mason plays but at her age they don't do any traveling but just play locally. She is enjoying practices. Kyleigh isn't doing anything this fall because we are too busy but once things slow down this winter she will get to participate in something.
I hope this finds everyone well. I apologize for the lack of updates but I'm only home for a few moments at a time it seems. My job will only go until mid to late October and then I will go back to subbing for the school district so life should slow a little for me. We have enjoyed a wonderfully cool summer for Illinois and our garden's bounty. We finished the bathroom in the basement and are steadily working on finishing the rest of the basement. Enjoy the pictures.
Lucky napping
Kyra softball
Kyleigh TBall
After the Mud Run
First Day of School


No comments:
Post a Comment