Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Work...who has the time?

The Grandparents were here for 3 days. I put them to work one afternoon when I was called in to sub. I think Kyleigh enjoyed having all of us to herself. The other three were disappointed that they didn't get to spend more time with Grandma and Grandpa since they were in school. Last week I ended up working Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Add this to the Monday and Wednesday I spent in Chillicothe when Kyleigh was at preschool and that works out to 7 hours that I was home when everyone was in school. Let's just say nothing else got done around the house. I expanded my job role and worked at the school secretary on Thursday and Friday. I can now transfer calls and buzz people into the school. It was a challenge but I survived. friday night we went to the football game. It was the last home game of the season, unfortunately they lost but the kids had fun. I got the bad mom award on Wednesday (or is it the least organized mom?). I got Kyleigh to school only to remember it was picture day, oops, her hair wasn't the great but she smiled! I then went to pick her up only to have her tell me they went to the bookfair and she didn't get to buy anything, oops again. So I took her into the bookfair because it was still open thinking I'd let her get 1 book, nope she was a girl on a mission and in less than 30 seconds she had three books picked out. How do I tell her no, so I got her the three books. We had a great weekend, Saturday the kids helped me clean the house, with NO complaints. I know I'm shocked as well. They did their bathrooms, rooms, swept and mopped the kitchen, and vacuumed. Saturday afternoon we went for a hike in the woods. Mark worked out in his shop, cleaning and planing boards. Sunday we went to mass, then to Panera bread while the three oldest were in CCD. After mass we came home and watched the Vikings.

Yesterday Mark found out he is going to be laid off a week of work in October. You should see the honey do list I have for him!

We had family pictures taken a couple of weeks ago, here is the link to the pictures. kdphotography1.zenfolio.com


 Doesn't Kyleigh look comfortable? Who can sleep like this? Now you know why she has a mattress on the floor.
Charlie's paradise! He is a rabbit with an attitude. Last week he started peeing on the floor of the sunroom because he didn't like where his cage was placed. You can't really see it in the picture but he pushed his food bowl out of the covered area of his cage into the open to let us know that it was almost empty. He also doesn't like it if we put the door down on his cage so he can't go into the grass, I didn't know rabbits could give dirty looks, but he does.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment