Every once in a while you have a phenomenal day, and so far today is good. But I'll back up first and start where I left off on the previous post.
On October 21st we had parent teacher conferences. No surprise, the kids are doing great. Mason is reading about a grade level ahead, he also is very good about helping students who might be struggling. The teacher says he does it quietly and doesn't ask for recognition. Valynn is excelling in reading. She scored the highest in her class on a computerized test they took at the beginning of the year. We also saw the results of the ISAT (standardized test) that she took last year, she missed 5 questions on the whole test.
On the 22nd Mark celebrated his birthday and we went to the Blue Ridge Church Halloween Party. The kids had fun, they brought home 4 cakes and a gift certificate to a local restaurant.
On the 26th Kyra and Kyleigh participated in the Carnival at Kyleigh's preschool. Normally siblings don't get to participate but Kyra got to because she is an older sibling. Friday the 28th I attended Mason's Halloween Party and on the 31st I attended Valynn's School party.
Last Saturday night (the 29th) Valynn and I attended a Girl Scout camp. Valynn's troop was invited by an older troop to go camping. We had a great time, we stayed in a cabin with heat and running water. We had hot dogs over a fire and went on a night hike and a day hike. They played games and while we had to sleep on the floor, we slept on mattresses on the floor. Mark and the other three kids had fun at home without us. On Sunday we carved pumpkins and decorated the Haunted Gingerbread House.
For Halloween we went to Chillicothe to have supper with some friends and then went trick or treating around their neighborhood. We then headed back and trick or treated around the lake.
Tuesday I had an interview at the school for a permanent substitute position. Unfortunately I don't think I'm what they are looking for, they are looking for someone with elementary and guided reading experience. Oh well, it was full time and I didn't want full time anyway. I also had a PTO meeting last night.
Now onto today. We had dentist appointments and it's a good day when out of 6 people there are NO cavities and NO mention of braces! For the last 10 days we have had workers here working on a retaining wall and building up the culverts around the ditches, they finished today! I'm finally done with all the produce from the garden. I took care of the green peppers and carrots today. They've been taking up room in the fridge for the last couple of weeks. I had an article published in the school paper today. I wrote a little blurb about the PTO and what we've accomplished the past year and my name was listed as the author.
That's all from around here, I've been in a cleaning mode and went through a bunch of toys of the kids' to donate, and hope to have another load for Goodwill on Friday. Friday I'm working the PTO teacher's luncheon after preschool, so I'll mostly be on clean up duty.
No comments:
Post a Comment