Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wow, I'm a little behind












It's been almost three weeks since I've updated. I guess this will be a long post. I'm really missing my emails reminders if I don't post in over a week from Grandma Hinds. So I'll try to get everyone caught up on our crazy lives.

On September 17th Kyra came down with the first illness of the fall, she got a fever. We were supposed to have friends over but had to reschedule with them. Sunday Valynn, Mason, and I went to church and Sunday School. On the 19th Mason had an appointment with his GI doctor. His next endoscopy is October 7th. So far he is feeling good and he gained 1 1/2 pounds in 1 month. He now tips the scales at 51.5 pounds. On the 24th we went to Cat's Autumn Adventure. The kids had a great time. Valynn and Mason climbed the rock climbing wall 8 times, all the way to the top. They played in the bouncy houses, made candles, and rode ponies. They played some games, made a picture frame, and had lot of food to eat. We had to hurry home so we could take Mason to a birthday party.

On the 25th we were finally able to get together with the Bane's. We had a great visit as always and ate at the Mexican restaurant in Princeville. On the 27th the kids and I went to the school for the open house so I got to see their classrooms. On the 29th Kyleigh had a field trip to the zoo. We took the neighbor boy with us since his mom couldn't go because Luke's brother was sick. The kids had fun looking at the animals, eating a picnic, and playing on the playset. Kyra started school on the 30th. She was excited to be back at St. Edwards with Ms. Angie. Mason ended up being sick on the 30th, he had a bad cough and a slight fever. On October 1st Valynn went to a movie with her friend Robin for Robin's birthday. Valynn had fun and enjoyed a Dolphin's Tale. On the 2nd the kids went to their friend Alex's birthday party. They had fun playing games at the Community Center. Yesterday Mason went on a field trip fishing at Wildlife Prairie State Park, today Valynn went. I didn't get to go with but they had fun.

Class is going well for Mark, he won't be done on the 13th like I thought. He'll be done on the 18th. He doesn't have class next week so that should give him plenty of time to study. He has decided to walk through graduation in December. I'm still trying to talk him into a little get together to celebrate his graduation, we'll see.

The real reason I haven't updated is because I've been incredible busy with the PTO directory. The first proof sent to me was missing over half the addresses and after trying to resend information in different formats I ended up converting all the addresses in the excel file into a document file myself and aligning it how I wanted it. This took me over two days and since then I've had to go through a couple more proofs. The directories are now being printed and hopefully after this week distributed. PTO has kept be busier than I anticipated but it should slow down after the book fair next week and hopefully we'll have the kinks worked out next year. I've also had a few things going on a church that have kept me busy.

I hope everyone is doing well. We're getting ready for a three day weekend, Mason gets a four day. The following weekend is Valynn's sleepover for her birthday. I'm having some trouble admitting that I will soon have a ten year old. Here are a few pictures from the Autumn Adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment