
We have had a few firsts around here the last couple of weeks. Last Tuesday was my first PTO meeting as vice president. The meeting went well and we were impressed that the Superintendent and Principal both came. I also got my first newsletter done and out before Friday. On Wednesday Kyleigh has her first day of preschool. She did very good and held her own with all 7 boys. That is a picture of her with her teacher Ms. Deann.
On Thursday Kyra and Kyleigh had their well child visits. They are both healthy and growing as they should. Kyleigh is still my little peanut tipping the scales at 26 pounds. Kyra weighs 34 pounds. Thursday at 4:00 I got a phone call from Mason's teacher, can you bring cookies or bars tomorrow? I made sugar cookies and pumpkin bars. On Friday morning I worked my first sub job of the year. I went home, picked Kyra and Kyleigh up from the sitters, had lunch with Bonnie and Jerald, visited with Mark who decided to take a half day off, dropped Kyra and Kyleigh off with Danielle and headed back to the school for Grandparent's day.
Bonnie and Jerald made the trip down to be Mason's Grandparents. We are so grateful that they were able to do it, on such short notice (Mason gave me the note on Tuesday). Mason had fun and I think they did too. I briefly met Valynn's teacher in the morning and then I pulled Valynn out of class so she could at least see Bonnie and Jerald.
On Sunday I ran my first half marathon. My time was 2:08. My goal was to run it in 2:30 so I'm happy with my time. The course was difficult because there are quite a few hills but what a beautiful run through a cemetery. It was a gorgeous morning and Mark and the kids met me at the finish line.
Yesterday was Valynn's first Girl Scouts of the year. Today Kyra and Kyleigh have storytime. Kyleigh's first storytime at the library. Tonight Mason has his first Boy Scouts Pack meeting of the year. Tomorrow Kyleigh has school and tomorrow night Valynn and Mason have CCD. Thursday is gymnastics for Kyra and Kyleigh and the first swimming lesson of the fall for Valynn, Mason, and Kyra.
Kyra is patiently waiting for school to start for her, I can tell she's getting bored at home but I think she'll be better now that storytime is starting. Tomorrow she gets to go with me to the school to help with PTO things while Kyleigh is at school. I have to go to the school one more day this week to take care of directory stuff, but I got all the information to the printer.
I'm going to do some reading while I'm still kid free during story time. Enjoy the double rainbow that shined upon us last week.

No comments:
Post a Comment