Saturday, February 12, 2011

Celebration!!!

I didn't realize it had been so long since I updated. What's the celebration for? NO DIAPERS. After 9 1/2 years of changing diapers we are down to just a diaper at night. I don't know why I didn't mention this in the last update, but we're excited Kyleigh decided that she's too big for diapers.

Going forward from my last post. We ended up with 19 inches of snow and 5 foot snowbanks in the yard. It took Mark and I 4 hours to clear 1/2 of the driveway so that Mark could go to work on Thursday. We also had Thunder Snow with this storm. They sent him home early on Tuesday 1st, he was home the 2nd, and went back to work on the 3rd. The kids didn't go back to school until the 4th. I ended up working a full day at the school because the teacher I was covering had a sick kids. On Saturday Valynn and Mark had their Father Daughter dance for Girl Scouts. Valynn looks forward to this every year.

Valynn and Mason are in the midst of basketball. They are excited because I'm the coach for both of their teams. They are both doing well and like basketball. Mason and Valynn have made quite a few baskets.

On Sunday the 6th Valynn started the First Communion classes at the Lutheran church. She can already accept communion and will just be receiving the Lutheran theology of communion. They made wine that will be served at their First Communion. Valynn also played piano in church, she played piano for about 3 minutes while the organist received communion. This is something new we are trying to give the kids a chance to show off their musical skills. This Sunday is Scout Sunday at the Lutheran church so Valynn and Mason are going to usher with the other Scouts. I also have a Council meeting this Sunday.

I'm keeping busy now that they have me subbing again. I subbed last Tuesday and I'm subbing this upcoming Tuesday. Last Tuesday I was in 4 different K-1 classrooms including Mason's covering teachers when they went to meetings for 30-60 minutes at a time. I was exhausted when the day was over. I then was home for 30 minutes before taking the kids to swimming lessons, let's just say supper was Fast Food that night.

Mark's class is keeping him busy, he had his midterm this week and he's gone this afternoon working on his group project. We signed Mason and Kyra up for soccer this morning. Valynn has decided she doesn't want to play soccer this year. It's also looking like a good possibility Mark and I will be coaching again.





I think that gets us caught up on everything. The kids have a three day weekend, they get Monday off for Lincoln's Birthday. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment