On Saturday May 29th Mason had a TeeBall game. He did a great job and had fun.
On Sunday May 30th we went to church and then spent the afternoon at Wildlife Prairie State Park.
On Memorial Day we had some friends over for lunch. We had a great visit and the kids had fun playing. That night we went for a bike ride on the Rock Island Trail and did some geocaching. The kids hope to go back soon.
On June 1st, Valynn had a softball game, after her game I dropped the kids off at the neighbors and we to the airport to pick up Grandma, Aunt Paige, and cousin Ty. We had a great visit with them and are glad they came. Grandma and Paige didn't appreciate the tornado siren going off at 1:00 in the morning. We did spend some time down in the basement but thankfully there were no tornados.
On Wednesday the 2nd we went to the Lakeview museum to the Lego exhibit. The kids got to see some pretty cool Lego creations. Valynn had a softball game that they won.
On Thursday Bonnie and Jerald came down for a visit. It was great seeing them since we haven't had a chance to get together since they got back from Arizona.
On Friday, Grandma, Paige, and Ty went to Indiana while the rest of us stayed home. We went to the library to sign up for the summer reading program and Valynn had a softball game.
On Saturday Mason's game got rained out so Mark and I cleaned out the big garage. We went to a birthday party in the afternoon. This evening is one for the record books. Central Illinois had 15 tornadoes spotted in two hours. A town 10 miles south of us had their downtown destroyed by one. We were far enough north of the storm that we had no damage but the sirens did go off three times as a warning of the weather that was approaching. Thankfully no one was killed.
On Sunday after church we prepared for the Block Party that we hosted. A great time was had by all and we had our best turn out yet. Grandma, Paige, and Ty returned towards the end of the party so they got to meet some of the neighbors.
On Monday Valynn started basketball camp. She's having a great week and is tired by the end of the day. The rest of us went to Wildlife Prairie State Park for the morning and had a picnic before we headed home. Grandma, Paige, and Ty flew out in the afternoon and made it home safely.
On Tuesday Kyra had story time at the library and then the girls and I had a Mother Daughter Banquet for St. Timothy Lutheran Church. Mark and Mason went out to eat. Valynn and I read three poems at the Banquet. Valynn did an excellent job.
Yesterday I spent the day outside trying to get caught up on everything. I spent most of the morning in the garden and in the afternoon I mowed the lawn. We don't seem to get very many sunny days this spring so I have to take advantage of the dry days when they come. Valynn had a softball game last night, unfortunately they lost and she didn't have a very good game, but you can't always have a good game.
Today I spent the morning in the garden weeding. I'm making progress but not as quickly as I would like. Mark is done with class now, he has a paper due next week and then he'll be able to help me. This afternoon I've been preparing items for the meal assembly night so I'll have a stocked freezer again.
Next week we have VBS so I have ben preparing for that, throw in cheerleading camp, softball games, and Heritage game, and it might be a couple of weeks before I get back to blogging.




No comments:
Post a Comment