Friday, May 28, 2010

The past week.

So I'm a little behind with the blog. I'll just go in a sequential order. Last Friday was my birthday. Valynn made the cake all by herself and Mark decorated it. Mason had a field trip to the zoo. We had a great time looking at the animals on the tour and playing on the playground, until it started to rain. We went out for supper, bought my birthday gift, an ipod touch, and came home for cake. Valynn's softball game was cancelled due to the rain.

Saturday was a lazy day. I tried to work in the garden but Kyleigh was being fussy and Mark was studying. I spent most of the day laying around because I also didn't feel well, Saturday night I got the fever the kids had had and spent most of Sunday sleeping or on the couch. Monday I took Kyleigh to the doctor and she/we had hand, foot, and mouth disease. It's a viral infection that kids get.

Tuesday I had the new neighbor over for lunch and had a very nice visit. That afternoon was an interesting one. I was sitting on the couch keeping an eye on the news in case any weather information came on and missed what most of my neighbors saw, a tornado about a mile from our house (I'll have to sit on the couch facing the window next time). The sirens didn't go off because the National Weather Service didn't see it on radar and the rumor is no "trained" spotter called it in so their policy is to not ring the siren even though the local fire department and a county police officer called it in. The fire department called the school which then had the kids take cover until the threat had passed, unfortunately the school failed to inform the parents that they were keeping the kids late so we didn't know what was happening until we called the school to find out where the bus was. The important thing was that no one was hurt.

 On Wednesday Valynn had her field trip to.... the zoo. That's right I've been to the zoo three times in less than three weeks. Valynn had fun and she had a different tour than the others and got to spend some time in a classroom and see some animals that aren't on display. Wednesday night Valynn had a softball game. She did a great job again and got some good hits in.

Thursday I worked out in the flower bed. While out there Buttons decides to bring a live mouse into the flowerbed to play with. He would let the mouse hide and then try to find it, bat it around a little and then let the mouse hide again. He did this for an hour. Meanwhile a bird is irate that Buttons is there and he's diving towards Buttons. The bird then got reinforcements so he had two birds diving him while he's playing hide and seek with a mouse.

Mason had a follow up with his GI doctor. He's gained less than 1/2 a pound in 6 weeks but he gained so we don't have to go back for 3 months, unless he has any problems.

Today I worked out in the garden for a little bit pulling weeds, I decided nature was telling me something after finding two snakes in the straw I was spreading and decided to call it a day. Valynn's game was cancelled tonight due to graduation so she'll have three games next week. We have a busy weekend planned as we get ready for company, Grandma Larson, Aunt Paige, and cousin Ty. We also have to get the garages cleaned out for the Block Party next weekend.

Have a safe Memorial Day and remember our Veterans!

No comments:

Post a Comment