Sunday, June 20, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel.... maybe



I survived vacation bible school. It was a crazy exhausting week but it couldn't have gone better. The kids had a great time and are disappointed that it's only a week long. The leaders are thrilled that it's only a week long =) We had great volunteers and plenty of help. The weather was iffy a couple of mornings but it held off during school time. Thursday morning a leader called me and ran the idea past me about having the kids sell lemonade at the local farmers market to raise money for the wells in Africa we are sponsoring. By 3:00 that afternoon we were selling lemonade and singing for the locals. We raised over $150 in 2 1/5 hours. Valynn had cheerleading camp three afternoons this week and one softball game. Mark worked late nights on his paper so we didn't see much of him. Today the kids sang in church. They did wonderful and the church members were excited to see what the kids learned during the week. St. Timothy hasn't has VBS for over 15 years so the members were excited about it being brought back. Even better, I have all the teachers lined up for Sunday School next year.

After church today we went to Bishop Hill for a Father's Day lunch. The kids played in the park, we went to the bakery and to the General Store. Very relaxing afternoon. After a nap and supper we got some gardening done which has been neglected.

Friday night we went to the Heritage Days talent show. Valynn and the other campers performed their cheers for the crowd. The kids went on a couple of rides and we hurried home to beat a severe thunder storm that was coming in, the second of the day. Saturday morning I ran in my first 5K race. I came in third place for the women. I then hurried over to Mason's Teeball game to help Mark coach. We headed home for 1 1/2 hours so I could shower before we went back to town for the parade. Valynn marched with the girl scouts. After the parade we took Mason to a birthday party. Last Monday we picked cherries and we also picked some strawberries and raspberries so I was busy cleaning fruit when I was at home. The nice part about VBS is that the kids were exhausted when we got home that nap time/ quiet time was not an argument.

I keep forgetting to post update on Kyleigh. It's amazing how her vocabulary is growing. She is using pronouns, "I do", calling items by name, and making her opinion known and if she doesn't get her way she pouts and if she's really mad she throws herself on the ground.

This week the kids and I are going to relax and enjoy summer. The kids are excited because Chantel and kids will be visiting from Texas. We're also doing a Girls Night Out. This is the last week of softball and teeball.

No comments:

Post a Comment