Valynn scored her first basket on Saturday. What an improvement over the previous week, she was rebounding, playing defense, dribbling down the floor, and after a reminder from mom (yes, I'm one of THOSE parents) passing. She took quite a few shots but only one went in, but she is definitely learning the game.
Mark spent two long days cutting up logs for firewood with some friends. He is very sore today and his arms are bruised. We get a portion of the wood so we'll have a supply for next winter.
I had a wonderful Girls Day Out. We went to lunch and to the movie "New In Town". Very funny, especially if your from the midwest because it takes place in New Ulm, MN. The kids were good for Conrad (a neighbor). He watched 7 kids with no problems, except for Kyleigh's 20 minute crying fit. It was quite funny to turn onto Chippewa and see the sea of bikes and Conrad and Brad on Conrad's front porch watching the 9 kids riding their bikes with the two babies in their car seats next to the men. We had a beautiful 55 degree day and the neighbors only lost two sandals in the snow/slush in our ditch.
Sunday after church and Sunday school Mark went back over to help with the wood while the kids and I just hung out at home. For supper we went to Applebee's and then stopped to get Valentine's Day cards for the kids.
Unfortunately the kids have been sick for a couple of days which means they don't sleep well at night which translates into mom and dad not getting much sleep at night. I did get to sleep in Sunday morning since I couldn't be found in my bed and therefore dad had to get up to help Kyra.
We have Valynn and Mason signed up to play soccer in April. The are both excited to be playing again. Also, on Thursday President Obama will be in Peoria touring a CAT plant. This is the third time in 1 1/2 years that a president has been to Peoria.
I hope everyone has a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment