We got the outside items taken care of yesterday morning (garden and unloading the suburban) before it got too hot outside. It was a heat index of 109 degrees. Just a little warm. We got most of our unpacking done and then had some unexpectant company. We babysat for some friends while they went to the hospital. The kids had a great time with Alex and Kyle. Valynn and Mason played with Kyle (8 weeks) and stated how they can't wait until their sibling is born. Kyra could take or leave him. She pretty much ignored him except when she woke up from her nap and I couldn't hold her because I was feeding him, then she gave us a dirty look and sat next to me on the couch. Chantel had us over for supper which was nice, that way I didn't have to cook with 5 kids. I then had a MOPS meeting and took Kyle with me while Mark watched the other four. This morning we woke up to a terrible thunderstorm. 70 MPH winds and lots of thunder and lightning. The wind blew the top of our lamp post off and broke a couple of the side panels of it. Otherwise just a few branches down. Our garage door wouldn't open this morning, that remains to be seen if it was due to lightning or not, but through it all we didn't lose power. I best get back to work, I'm making meals with the neighbor ladies tonight and have company coming this afternoon.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Whirlwind of a first day.
We got the outside items taken care of yesterday morning (garden and unloading the suburban) before it got too hot outside. It was a heat index of 109 degrees. Just a little warm. We got most of our unpacking done and then had some unexpectant company. We babysat for some friends while they went to the hospital. The kids had a great time with Alex and Kyle. Valynn and Mason played with Kyle (8 weeks) and stated how they can't wait until their sibling is born. Kyra could take or leave him. She pretty much ignored him except when she woke up from her nap and I couldn't hold her because I was feeding him, then she gave us a dirty look and sat next to me on the couch. Chantel had us over for supper which was nice, that way I didn't have to cook with 5 kids. I then had a MOPS meeting and took Kyle with me while Mark watched the other four. This morning we woke up to a terrible thunderstorm. 70 MPH winds and lots of thunder and lightning. The wind blew the top of our lamp post off and broke a couple of the side panels of it. Otherwise just a few branches down. Our garage door wouldn't open this morning, that remains to be seen if it was due to lightning or not, but through it all we didn't lose power. I best get back to work, I'm making meals with the neighbor ladies tonight and have company coming this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment