On Sunday we had the annual St. Timothy Lutheran Picnic. This is always a fun time, the service is held outside on a farm with a potluck picnic to follow. Yesterday I took the kids to Tanners Orchard where we met some friends. The kids had a great time playing and we stayed for lunch. Of course we couldn't come home until we picked up some donuts and peaches. In the afternoon I took Valynn to the doctor, she had been complaining about her ears off and on for a month, she has swimmers ear.
Today is Valynn's first day of school. I can't believe she is in first grade this year. Once again I watched her get on the bus and then drove to the school to wait for the bus to arrive so I could walk her in to her classroom. I think she feels better when I do that, as do I. The bus stop is crowded this year, there are 8 kids getting on at the end of the street, compared to 3 last year.
Today is also our 8 year anniversary. We're not doing anything special today, we took our trip to Galena earlier to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment