It's been an interesting week here. Mark started school, the kids are readjusting to Valynn being home full time, they learned to ride their bikes without training wheels, and I think we have Kyra potty trained. I won't say Kyra is completely trained and I expect some regression, but she's only had two accidents since Monday and last night she slept in her big girl panties and woke up dry. She is still working on the signs for when she has to pee but if I remember to take her every couple of hours she stays dry. Unfortunately I'm bribing her when she has to go pee and the bribe works like this. "Let's go potty and get some candy" "OK mom". After peeing I give her a candy heart, which she takes to Valynn. Valynn puts it in her hand while Kyra gets down on her hands and knees and pretends to be a horse and eat the candy from Valynn's hand. I guess whatever works. Valynn has her dance rehearsal tonight and her recital tomorrow night. She is excited. I posted some pictures of her in her outfit from yesterday. I'll be posting more from the rehearsal. I've also posted pictures of the kids running in the sprinkler with the neighbor kids I watched one morning. It's finally summer here.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Fun in the sun
It's been an interesting week here. Mark started school, the kids are readjusting to Valynn being home full time, they learned to ride their bikes without training wheels, and I think we have Kyra potty trained. I won't say Kyra is completely trained and I expect some regression, but she's only had two accidents since Monday and last night she slept in her big girl panties and woke up dry. She is still working on the signs for when she has to pee but if I remember to take her every couple of hours she stays dry. Unfortunately I'm bribing her when she has to go pee and the bribe works like this. "Let's go potty and get some candy" "OK mom". After peeing I give her a candy heart, which she takes to Valynn. Valynn puts it in her hand while Kyra gets down on her hands and knees and pretends to be a horse and eat the candy from Valynn's hand. I guess whatever works. Valynn has her dance rehearsal tonight and her recital tomorrow night. She is excited. I posted some pictures of her in her outfit from yesterday. I'll be posting more from the rehearsal. I've also posted pictures of the kids running in the sprinkler with the neighbor kids I watched one morning. It's finally summer here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment