Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Just when I thought we were in the home stretch...




I picked Mason up from his last day of preschool and he said his ear hurt and cried the whole way home. He has an appointment later today which I'm sure is an ear infection. Last night was Kyra's first night that she didn't get a fever after putting her to bed. She seems to be doing better but still has the runny nose and cough. Valynn has been going to school but last night she complained about her chest hurting and still has the cough and runny nose.

Last night we finished planting the garden. We might plant another couple rows of peas but for the most part we're done. We had a beautiful day yesterday and I wanted to share some pictures of the trees in our yard. Last year because of the late frost we didn't get to see the trees bloom. Picture 1: The lilac tree didn't have any blossoms last year. This year it's loaded and in about a week we should have blossoms. Picture 2: I wish I would have taken a picture of these trees last week. They are our Vikings trees. You can see what is left of the purple blossoms on the left. To the right the tree has bright yellow blossoms, but most are gone. Picture 3: These are our apple trees. The bees were abuzz around there yesterday. They are loaded with blossoms. I'm not sure what kind of apple is on the left (although I'm told by all the neighbors that they are very good, they helped themselves to apples when the house was vacant), the dark red apple tree is a crab apple tree. We're hoping to get apples this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment