Saturday, February 23, 2013

Just can't win......

It's been one of those weeks where nothing works out as planned but I'll get to that. I'll start out with what all has been happening. On the 14th, Valentine's Day I had my first day of orientation. It went well, I got everything lined up for work and met everyone. Kyra had a melt down the night before because I couldn't attend her Valentine's Party. She then begged dad to attend who also said that he couldn't. In the end she had fun and I don't think she noticed that we weren't there but it did cause me to feel a little guilt. On the 16th Mason had a basketball game, then he got to bring his friend home with him for a quick lunch before heading to the police station for a tour with the Boy Scouts. Mark and Mason said they had a good time and that the tour was really interesting. Mark would have liked to have left a couple of the kids there, but the good leader he is, he made sure they all returned home safely. After Mark got home, he and I left for a 50th birthday party. We left Valynn in charge of the kids plus Mason's friend. It went well and it's so nice to be able to leave them at home for short amounts of time. We only spent about an hour at the party before heading home to try to get some chores accomplished. The kids were all home from school on Monday. We had basketball practice Monday night and only 4 of the 9 boys showed up for practice.  Tuesday around 4:00 I remembered that I needed to make a soup for the Lenten soup supper that the Sunday School was serving at. Tuesday night I decided to haul wood for the stove to be ready for the 5 inches of snow we were supposed to receive. I took my key chain with all my keys (the three vehicles and house key) to move the pickup, and put the car in the garage. I then put the keys on the trunk of the car to take the tractor out to haul wood. After hauling wood with Valynn and Mason, I parked the tractor and went in for the night. Wednesday morning as I was getting ready to take Kyleigh to preschool I remembered where my keys were, and well, as you can imagine, they are now somewhere between our house and Mark's work. After dropping Kyleigh off at preschool I headed to the grocery store to buy ingredients for the soup that I remembered the night before that I was supposed to make. Of course, the grocery store is being remodeled and nothing was where it was previously. After quickly shopping I drove home looking for my keys along the way. After getting home I searched some more with no luck. I then started my soup and headed out to get Kyleigh. We had lunch at McDonald's with a friend and her son before heading home. Valynn, Mason, Kyra, and I served at the Lenten soup supper at the Lutheran church. Kyleigh stayed home because she woke up not feeling well and went downhill as the day progressed. Mark stayed home with her. Thursday was spent making contingency plans in case Princeville didn't have school and Washington did. Thursday we didn't get the storm that they predicted and 1 inch of snow later meant there was school on Friday. On Friday I went to my second day of orientation. Everything went well on Friday. Friday night I went shopping with a friend for some work clothes and then we went out for margaritas for National Margarita Day. Today Mason had a basketball game that didn't go well at all. My kids did OK but the other team was so much better all around. Mark and the girls didn't go to the game because Mark had to help set up for the Blue and Gold banquet tonight.

The floor is coming along. The dining room is about half done. The kids are getting tired of eating their meals standing up at the island. This next week I'm working in Washington 2-3 days as a sub for the science teachers. This is in between meetings and practices. I'm also meeting with the track coach in Princeville to help volunteer 1-2 days a week.

Here is a picture from the past week.

 Kyleigh and Lucky sleeping together.
 So cute, and peaceful

 Kyleigh took a picture of me enjoying my coffee.
Kyra helping Mark nail the floor


No comments:

Post a Comment