Kyleigh is going through the phase where she talks about time, lengths of time, large numbers, etc but doesn't understand the concept of how long what she is saying is. Last week she told Danielle that she hadn't been over there in "Years". When it had been a week since she had been over there. 1 hour is short but 10 minutes is long. Cleaning her room will take forever (well maybe she's right on that one). She is loving preschool but time at home with mom can be excruciating. She doesn't like to play by herself and mom won't always play with her so she watches the clock until Kyra gets home. How long until Kyra gets home? 2 hours. How long until Kyra gets home? 1 hour and 57 minutes. How long until Kyra gets home? 1 hour and 52 minutes. .....
Kyra is going through the phase where she spells everything out loud or she is writing a note and wanting to know how to spell something. We have notes all over the house, if she's talking I have to have her repeat herself because she spells a word in the middle of the sentence.
Mason is in the "I'm going to tell you no everytime you tell me to do something" phase. He'll eventually do it but not without a little defiance.
Valynn is in the eye rolling phase. She's been stuck in this one for awhile and from what I hear it doesn't end until after the teen age years. She's gotten better but the past two weeks she has had to come with us to help watch Kyra or Kyleigh when we've had meetings instead of staying home like she is usually allowed to and that really brought out the eye rolling. She understood why we needed her but she didn't agree with it.
Things are going well. I worked the Veteran's Day program on Friday for the PTO. Set up, serving drinks and cookies, and clean up. Saturday Mark finished the store room! It looks great and I still have shelf space. Does that mean I can buy more stuff? We also did some work outside. Our neighbor Jon was cleaning out some trees so he dropped some logs on our side of the fence. We cut and stacked wood so we are ready for winter! We also cleaned out the shop so our vehicles fit again. Sunday I taught Sunday School and had a church council meeting. We then headed home to watch the Vikings game. We got a lot of wind with the storm that came through and it blew 3/4 of the hornets nest down. That solves part of our problem, we now need to decide if we need to take the rest down. I worked in the preschool classroom on Tuesday. Being a sub in there makes me thankful for my own kids and reminds me of why I didn't go into preschool education. They have a great aide who's oldest is Valynn's age and we worked well together. When I told Mark that I was going to work in the preschool class he asked why I would agree to that. I told him there was an aide so I really didn't have to do much, the aide would lead the class. Tuesday night Mark took the kids with him to the Cub Scout Pack meeting (all four kids), while I went to a meeting at the school where we discussed future plans and made a decision of what we want the school to look like. Unfortunately by the time they get everything done at the schools my kids will probably be graduated, but it looks to be a good plan.




No comments:
Post a Comment