Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mason is 9!

Wow, that's hard to believe. Mason turned 9 on Monday (Labor Day). He had his party on Friday. We had 7 boys over to help him celebrate. 3 of them spent the night. The rain held off until the evening which was a bonus. This is a Pokemon cake.




Kyleigh started preschool today, she was a little nervous but had a great time and is ready to go back. She is attending St. Edwards this year so new friends and a new teacher. She was concerned about me being lonely today. She suggested that dad stay home and keep me company. She said I could go home and watch a movie since the house will be quiet. Or I could buy groceries and run errands like we did when Kyra was in school last year. As tempting as the first two suggestions were, I had to run errands, 7 stops in all. The first stop was Mark and I having coffee, which was nice.


I worked two half days last week in Kindergarten. Those teachers have their hands full this year. The second day the principal sat in the classroom to help me with a couple of students.

Here are pictures of our project. As you can see we use our child labor to the fullest extent. Mark should finish laying the floor tonight, trim tomorrow, and the office should get moved sometime in the next few days. Then it's on to painting and current office and getting Mason moved in there. Monday we suggested going biking or doing a family activity and all the kids said no, let's work on the basement. I think they are a little excited to be changing rooms.









It's hard to see but Lucky and Charlie are cuddling together.Lucky is the one towards the top of the picture.


Aren't these two cute when they nap?

The PTO is in full swing for me. Last night was our first meeting. I have newsletters to get out this week and hopefully directories ready to publish in the next couple of weeks. I'm also a head room mom so that's on my agenda as well.

Sunday School and CCD start this Sunday so I'm doing the last minutes preparations for Sunday School as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment