Since the beginning of baseball Mason has been wearing his tennis shoes to games. Every game I say, don't you want to wear your soccer shoes or the baseball shoes that we got from some friends. And every game he says no. Tonight I told Mason he would hit the ball farther if he wore cleats. Of course he had to know how, so I demonstrated the physics behind if he has a good plant versus his foot sliding because of not having a good grip with his shoes. Lo and behold, he wore his cleats to his game tonight and he had two solid hits that went into the outfield. He also made some good plays as pitcher.
Only my child needs to know the science behind something before he'll do it.
We had a great week at VBS, the kids sang in church on Sunday. There was a duckling on the farm that thought it was one of the kids. It would be right in the middle of the games or song time. If an adult stood still it thought it had to sit on their feet. It even went on a scavenger hunt with us. Tuesday morning we had a young deer walk into the field so of course the kids had to run towards it and would you believe the deer walked closer to the kids. It got within 5 feet of them.
We are getting everything lined up for Thursday. Mark is ready for it to be over with. The next three baseball games I'm in charge of score keeping. Should be interesting keeping score while keeping an eye on Kyra and Kyleigh. I did it a couple of times last year so I should be fine.
The garden is keeping us busy, we picked our first tomatoes tonight and we now have beans, zucchini, and peas ready. Hope everyone has a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment