Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas

We wish everyone a Merry Christmas. We are enjoying our time as a family but that might change after two weeks of everyone home. On the 13th Valynn and Mason had their school Christmas program. Grandma and Grandpa Rinkel were able to attend. On the 14th Mark walked through graduation. We are so thankful he is done, it was a great accomplishment for him (and the family). On the 17th Valynn and Mason had a piano recital in the morning. Valynn had two basketball games that afternoon, and we had friends over for a graduation party that evening. We are so blessed with all of our friends and that they were able to join us. Sunday I had a church council meeting. Mark was home on the 14th and then he's been home since the 19th. On the 19th Mark and I did our Christmas shopping. On the 20th I subbed at the school while Mark did a presentation at Stark County Junior High and then went to work Valynn's classroom Christmas party. The last few days we've been working around the house and taking it easy. We took the kids to see the Festival of Lights which they loved as always. We are ready for Christmas. I got my present in the mail yesterday and Mark let me open it early. I got a new vacuum cleaner, sadly or maybe it's a good thing, I was one of the last ones to try it out. Lastly, the kids are sad that Zippers will be leaving us tomorrow night. Mark and I will be glad when that elf no longer causes mischief.













Yes, Zippers hung the kids' underwear and took down the stockings, took a marshmallow bubble bath, and made a snow angel out of flour. Mom wasn't happy about having to clean that one up. We threatened to turn the blender on for elf smoothies, but that suggestion didn't go over well.





No comments:

Post a Comment