
First Day of School
How can she sleep like this and not fall down?
Silo slide at Farm Park
It seems I have to restock my arsenal. Most nights at supper during the school year we play 2 truths and 1 lie. We have found this is a fun way for the kids to talk about their day, even Kyra plays. Each person tells 2 truths and 1 lie from their day and the rest of the family has to guess which is the lie. Tonight as we sit down for supper Mason tells us that he was the caboose at school today. A few minutes later we start playing the game, when it gets to Mason he says "I was king today, I was the caboose today, and I was purple light today". So obviously we thought that the caboose was 1 truth and who has ever heard of purple light so the purple light must be the lie. As it turns out he lied earlier about being the caboose to set us up to fail during the game.
It's been a whirlwind few days. On the 12th Valynn and Mason had a swim party for completing a reading program put on by Rep. Leitcher. They had fun and by the end of the night Mason was going down the waterslide without a life jacket. Valynn jumped off the board once but she didn't like it because they didn't let her wear her goggles.
On the 14th we went to the Lutheran Church picnic. We had fun as always, can't beat the food! On the 16th the kids and I went to the Forest Park Nature Center, Fon du Lac Farm Park, and Wolf Fish Hatchery. We then went to Mason's doctor's appointment and met Mark to go get Valynn and Mason new passports in Lacon. We had supper at Hardee's because Mason was given the go ahead to try potatoes so he wanted curly fries. Mark then took Mason to Unpack your backpack night for the 2nd Grade while the girls and I bought groceries. Wendesday the 17th was the first day of school for Valynn and Mason. Today Kyra and Kyleigh went to Danielle's while I went to town and picked out a Christmas Program for Sunday School with another teacher, stopped at Leaves 'n Beans (is it a bad sign if the lady knows me by name? She said she's really good with names and faces), and Kroger.
Keep Mark's mom in your prayers. She went into the hospital early Tuesday morning with chest pains. She was transferred from Onamia to Minneapolis for more testing. Today she underwent a triple bypass. Mark left early this morning for Minnesota to be with his family. He should be back late Sunday night.
We have a busy few days ahead of us, tomorrow I'm going to the school to meet with a school employee to discuss directories for the PTO. On Saturday we have a church cleaning day and a Sunday School teachers meeting. Sunday I have a church council meeting. Somewhere in there I have to can almost 40 pounds of peaches and get a 10 mile run in (not sure how that will happen with Mark gone).
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment