Kyra turned 5 on Sunday. After counting down for month the big day was finally here. We went to the Lutheran church on Sunday where the congregation sang Happy Birthday to her. I had a council meeting and then we came home to watch Avatar the movie. We have watched all of Avatar the cartoon and the kids really enjoyed the TV show, the movie, not as much. For supper Kyra wanted nachos and blueberry peach pie. Mark made it home in time to have supper with us and Kyra made the pie.
We had a good weekend. Saturday the kids were wonderful when we were at the church working. They played outside for almost 4 hours so we could get things done inside. Sunday school can now begin. I've got most things lined up and currently working on getting the material printed.
Kids are enjoying school. Mark starts back tomorrow night. I've been busy this week getting the office cleaned (that was where I put everything that was given to me when I returned from North Dakota). I baked 8 dozen zucchini muffins yesterday and still didn't make a dent in the squash that was given to me.
I didn't get my run in but it wasn't because I didn't try. The neighbor's graciously volunteered to watch the kids while I did my run. Unfortunately it was cut short because a storm came through and Robbie came and picked me up when he saw lightning. I knew rain was coming and was hoping it was just rain so I could do my run.
We are getting ready for Kyra and Kyleigh's birthday parties on Saturday. Stayed tuned to see how we pull of a Tinkerbell, horse themed birthday party.
No comments:
Post a Comment