Wow, sorry about the lack of updating. I guess I should go back a couple of weeks. We left Lignite on the 27th and spent a couple of days in Minnesota. We headed back to IL on the 30th. It's been busy since we've been back. The kids had their Sunday School Christmas program on the 2nd. They did a great job, here's a link to the program. Mark started class at ICC on the 3rd. He's taking a diesel engine class for his contingency training if the union goes on strike. He is currently taking an engine apart and then will be putting it back together. His partner happens to be a CAT engineer that graduated from UND a couple of years after Mark. Valynn and Mason went back to school on the 4th. On the 6th they started piano lessons. They are liking lessons so far, she does a different program where the kids learn how to play songs before they learn how to read music. I'll let you know what I think of it as we get further into the program.
On the 9th I had a church council meeting. We spent the weekend getting caught up on project around the house. on the 10th Kyra went back to school, the kids started their regular night of piano lessons. On Tuesday Kyra had storytime and then Valynn, Mason, and Kyra started their swimming lessons. Valynn and Mason each got moved up a level and Kyra went under water so it was a successful night. I had a PTO meeting on Tuesday night. Yesterday Kyra had school and Kyleigh had gymnastics. Today I'm catching up on cleaning and finally taking time to update the blog. Valynn starts selling Girl Scout cookies tomorrow, Valynn and Mason start basketball on Saturday (I haven't decided if I'm going to coach yet or not), and Mason has practice for his Pinewood Derby car for boy scouts.
We're enjoying the extra family time with Mark while we can, he's been getting home before 5:00 thanks to his class schedule. That will all change next week when he starts up his MBA classes. The class he'll be taking is labor intensive so he'll be spending most nights on campus. He also starts his on the job training for his contingency assignment in February and his work hours will shift to 4 10 hour days and the 5th day doing his engineering job.
We hope everyone is doing well. It feels like winter here, it was 0 this morning. We have to wood burning stove going so the house it nice and toasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment