Monday, January 24, 2011

And the race is on....

Mason placed 5th in his den in the Pinewood Derby and didn't place in the pack. He did good for his first year. Mason's car is the John Deere Green pickup (that's the color paint they had on the farm). He had fun and Valynn wants to enter the family competition next year. Valynn is home from school today, she has a low grade fever of about 100. We did a first for us and let her stay home alone while I took Kyra to school. I called her about 4 times and I'm proud to say I didn't panic when she didn't answer one of the times I called. She was back in the office absorbed in a book she was reading, and if you know Valynn, if she's reading a book she blocks everything else out.  She's also going to stay home alone when Mason goes to piano. Of course we wouldn't have done this if our neighbors weren't home so she could call them if she needed something and who I just about called when she wasn't answering the phone. Unfortunately there are 5 kids sick on the block so the stuff is just going around.

I subbed in Kindergarten last Thursday and Friday. It went very well, it's always nice when the teacher is in the building so if you need anything you can ask. Kyra and Kyleigh went to a neighbor that has an in home daycare. They did very well and had a lot of fun. I am very proud of myself, I got myself, and all four kids out the door on time. Mark is gone before the kids wake up so he wasn't any help. I also got 4 lunches packed. I can say I definitely wouldn't want to do that everyday.

The weekend was nice, besides the Pinewood Derby we had our annual meeting at church followed by a potluck. We then watched football the rest of the day. As you can imagine, it was almost like the Superbowl around here. Mark started his MBA class on Thursday, wish me luck, he's going to be MIA until March. This is his last week of classes at ICC and next week he starts his training on the factory floor.




Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment