Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful Turkey

Kyra brought home a "Thankful Turkey" from school today. She is thankful for my mom and dad, my food, the weather, my little sister, my trees, my fish lake. So I asked her if she was thankful for Valynn and Mason. Her reply, I'm thankful for everything God makes, but I like Kyleigh better.

I don't think I've mentioned this but about a month ago when we were at the Lutheran church the kids were up front for the children's sermon. They were asked about things they were thankful for. Kyra piped in that she was thankful for Valynn and Mason who can watch over me and Kyleigh when mom and dad leave us at home alone. The rest of the congregation was as shocked as we were. So now you know our secret.

I think I also forgot to mention. One morning Kyra came out into the kitchen with Addy in her arms and said "I captured the elusive Addy!". I looked at her and asked her to repeat when she had just said. Yep, she used the word elusive and correctly. I'm not sure where she gets her vocabulary but it's impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment