Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sigh....

While it's no secret that Kyleigh does things in her own time, she's being pretty stubborn about it.

Kyra reading a nursery rhyme to Kyleigh, the conversation goes like this:
KM: Little Jack Horner sat in the corner eating a crusty pie. He stuck in his thumb and pulled out a...
KE: Apple
KM: No plum. He pulled out a plum. Little Jack Horner sat in the corner eating a crusty pie. He stuck in his thumb and pulled out a...
KE: Apple
KM: No plum. Little....

Imagine this conversation repeating about 7 times.

Unfortunately this is standard for Kyleigh.
Mom: What color is this?
KE: Purple
Mom: No Green.
KE: Green
Mom: What color is this? (Pointing to the same object)
KE: Purple
Mom: No Green.
KE: Green.
Mom: What color is this .....

I usually give up after 5 tries of getting her to say the right color.

Yep, she's going to learn things in her own time frame.






Did I say something in the last post about a relaxing weekend? I won't make that mistake again. Friday night we had a bonfire and grilled and ate supper outside. It was a beautiful night, warm enough for short sleeves. Valynn, Mason, and I played flashlight hide and seek until 9:00. We had a great time, even Kyra and Kyleigh hid behind dad or a nearby tree. Girl Scout Fall products and Boy Scout popcorn both came in so those were delivered. On Saturday I noticed some water on the floor downstairs. Saturday night I noticed water dripping on the floor downstair from the dishwasher. So we are now washing dishes by hand until Mark gets a chance to look at the dishwasher. It wouldn't be so bad but I got an infection in the cuticle of one of my fingers and my finger swelled to double in size. Sunday morning I made a trip to the Prompt care where they drained it for me. It feels much better now. I even made it to 20 minutes of mass.

Today was the last day of gymnastics for Kyra, she's going to do swimming lessons in January. Kyleigh will continue with gymnastics the one more session.

No comments:

Post a Comment