Thursday, August 12, 2010
Summer had flown by
It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I'll post pictures the next couple of days. Last week Valynn had a Girl Scout camp and Mason had a play date. Last Thursday I picked up 50 pounds of peaches and Mark and I canned them on Saturday. Friday night Valynn had a friend that was going to sleep over. Valynn, Mason, and her friend were climbing and tree and the friend fell out and ended up partially dislocating her elbow and needing surgery this week. Saturday we worked in the garden pulling weeds. Sunday after church I had a council meeting so Mark took the kids out to Panera Bread and that evening in the 100 degree heat we had a picnic at a local state park and then did some hiking and the kids played on a playset. This week we went to the Princeville Heritage Museum, the library, grocery store and the Peoria Chiefs game on Monday. Wednesday we went to the zoo and Luthy Botanical Gardens. Today I hosted a meeting and supper for the Sunday school teachers and their kids and then we went to the neighbors' for a visit. We haven't seen much of Mark, he has been taking a black belt training class at CAT, they are providing him coffee, donuts and a catered lunch every day, lucky guy. He had his final for his class on Wednesday and tonight his group is doing their group presentation. We don't know what this weekend holds. Mark's uncle Lyle passed away and his funeral is Saturday. We have the Lutheran church picnic on Sunday and I have a meeting for the Home Owners Sunday night, if I don't go to MN, we'll decide tomorrow morning what we're going to do. Next week the kids start school, I can't believe it's that time of year. Valynn will have trouble getting up at 6:30 if she doesn't start falling asleep sooner. Have a good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment