Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Brady and Jodi's wedding





We left Thursday afternoon for Minnesota. We hit icy roads in Iowa which prompted a call as to who has a wedding in Minnesota in December. We left the farm Friday morning and headed towards Fargo. The rehearsal went well, it was nice visiting with everyone. The wedding was beautiful and we have a wonderful new sister in law. Kyra did a good job as flower girl. She made it down the aisle, almost hit the bride once with her flower ball while standing up front and then went to sit with Grandma and Grandpa. Kyra went 110% from the time she got her hair done until 30 minutes into the reception and then she crashed hard. Our smartest move was bringing our niece Cindy with us to babysit. Valynn and Mason danced the night away. Kyleigh spent most of the night dancing as well. On Sunday we stayed for the gift opening and then met our friend Donn for lunch. We then went back to the farm for the night to watch the Vikings loss. On Monday we made it back to Illinois.

I was hoping to get pictures posted yesterday but it was crazy here. Kyra had gymnastics, I got home and had a friend call asking if I could pick her son up from the neighbor's in home daycare, so I had him for 2 hours. Then Chantel called and asked if I could take Allie a night early so I had to get things ready for her arrival. Allie is staying with us until Friday while her parents are in Texas house hunting. The brunt of the storm missed us, it's cold and windy but we didn't get the snow they predicted.

Mason had his gastroentonologist appointment today. He is on Prevacid for two weeks to see if acid reflux is causing the stomach discomfort if it doesn't improve the next step is an endoscopy to see if the problem can be determined.

Kyra fell off the top bunk last night and might have broken her nose. We talked to the neighbor who is a PA and he said to just have her nose checked at her next appointment. It's looking better today but it was swollen and bleeding last night.

Kyleigh is at a really cute age when she's not throwing a tantrum. She is using a couple of words on a consistent basis now, I wish one of them wasn't uh-oh but I'll talk what we get. She know to wash and dry her hands after I go to the bathroom. Now if I could only get her to use the bathroom I'd be set.

Valynn is getting impatient with me and not decorating for Christmas. She wants to set up her Christmas town.

I had best move on to another task before the three kids get home from school and Kyleigh wakes up from her nap. Have a good week and keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment