Thursday, June 4, 2009

I now know why it's named Sweetwater Park....

Valynn had a game in Elmwood last night. The team did awesome! They got some great hits in and did a great job catching and passing the ball. I don't know the official score but our team had at least 20 runs and they had far fewer. Valynn got three great hits and struck out once. She got to play catcher, short stop and outfield. She stopped the ball a couple of times at short stop. Now for the name. The fields are located next to the sewage ponds and in the middle of the game it started to smell. Mark recognized the smell as cow manure which then wasn't the result of the sewage ponds. Either way as first base coach I never expected to answer the question "What's that smell?".

It looks like I won't be able to do the Heritage Days run, Mason has a game at the same time as the run so we're going to look into doing a different run later this summer.

For the big news since it looks like Brady won't post it. Brady and Jodi are engaged.

1 comment:

  1. Yah Brady!! :) Congrats...our little boy is growing up!!


    Kris

    ReplyDelete