Monday, April 13, 2009

Look at me mom!







We met Paige, Adam, Ty, Grandma, and Grandpa in Sioux Falls for the Easter weekend. The kids had a great time at the water park in the hotel. Valynn worked on her swimming skills and went down the big waterslide on her own, multiple times. Mason who last year wouldn't go down the kiddie slide, not only conquered those this weekend but also went down the big slide by himself. Kyra enjoyed walking laps around the kiddie area. Kyleigh liked splashing in the water as she set on the steps. The three older kids also liked the hot tub. The two waterslide pictures are of Mason (red life jacket) and Valynn who is being caught by Mark.

The Easter Bunny found the kids yesterday. They had fun going on a scavenger hunt to all three hotel rooms. The Easter Bunny gave mom and dad some money to buy them a basketball hoop. The kids had a great time and wanted to stay longer but we had to get back. Today is the last day of Spring Break so tomorrow it's back to the routine.

An update on Kyleigh's ears. Thursday when we went back to the doctor her left ear had cleared up but the right ear was still infected but better. She received another shot of antibiotics and if everything looks good we don't have to go back. This weekend she was still pulling on her ear so I might be taking her back if that continues.

I had to share this funny story. The kids watched a Veggie Tales movie on the way home, "Gideon, the Tuba". Anyway at the end where they talk about the message Larry the Cucumber says "The only thing I knew about Gideon was that he put the bibles in the hotel room". Valynn goes, Me too. I guess she's looked at the bible in the hotel rooms close enough to know that the Gideon's place them there.

It's almost 8:00 and I still have four sleeping children so I should try to accomplish something before they wake up. We were going to go to Wildlife today but it's supposed to rain all day so I guess we'll have to settle for cleaning house. Have a good week all.

No comments:

Post a Comment