Saturday, July 12, 2008

The week in review








It's been a busy and exhausting week around here, I hope next week is slower as we get packed up for our excursion. It was the last week of swimming lessons, on Friday was fun day so even Kyra got to go in the pool. She gave me a little scare as she slipped in the baby pool and couldn't right herself so I even got to take a little swim. On Wednesday we met some friends at a local pool and the kids had a blast and want to go swimming everyday. We'll have to see, it's not easy watching three kids in the water by yourself, but the pool had a very fun kid area so I wasn't too worried about Valynn and Mason.

Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment. I'm not gaining weight like they would like and the baby (my tummy) isn't growing like they would like so I have an ultrasound at my next appointment to check everything. On Thursday I spent four hours in the hospital being monitored. I was having some abdominal tenderness and there was concern it might be an infection. Everything came back looking good so there are no worries there.

Yesterday Kyra's friends Matthew (the neighbor boy) turned two so we were over there for a little bit to see him. He's about six weeks older than Kyra and his mom is due a week before me in August. Today the kids have a birthday party at Allie's (another neighbor). Tomorrow night we're having some friends over for supper.

The advantages to having a garden. Last night Mason came up to me when we were outside and told me he was hungry so I told him he could have a carrot. He said from the garden? The three of them proceeded to eat peas and carrots from the garden until they were full. All three have been very good about helping pick produce from the garden and even helping clean it. Their favorite to pick are the raspberries and blueberries, but that means not many make it into the house. Oh well, it's good for them. They still aren't fans of green peppers but they are still excited to pick them. On Monday they loved the zucchini casserole I made which shocked us parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment