Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What a Day!


After being up multiple times with Kyra last night I am dragging this morning. I got up at 6:00 with Valynn who decided to wake up early this morning, normally she doesn't get up until 6:30 for school. I went to take a shower because I was supposed to work this afternoon. No hot water, the water heater went out. I got Valynn off to school and was cleaning up the kitchen only to get a call from my sitter, she is sick and asked if I could find someone else to watch the kids. So after debating on which neighbor it would be easier for since both have to take kids to preschool I finally called one. As I was talking to her I get a call that I don't have to work today. So I'm planning to spend my day in the kitchen. I'm taking a meal to a new mom on Thursday, Mark has a pot luck on Friday, and we have friends coming over for supper on Friday, so I figure I can get some of those things started.

I have now added another job to my busy schedule. I was voted in a secretary of our Home Owners Association. I was thinking it should be relatively easy and just have to take notes at the annual meeting until I starting thinking that this year will be busy with the lake repairs that are going to be made. Oh well, still shouldn't be too bad. They really wanted Mark to be treasurer, which would have meant I would have also had the treasurer duties, but I talked them out of it as Mark will be busy with school and family duties with a new baby on the way. Mark was at class so he wasn't able to speak for himself. I'm also helping with the block party again this year, which was relatively simple to do last year.

I got Valynn and Kyra's names done last night. I am now going to order some embellishment to put alongside their names. Mason also decided he wanted his name done so I'll have to get that ordered. It's raining here today so it's a good day to be in the kitchen, I best get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment