It has been a very quiet week for me. The kids and I drove 14 hours to meet Grandma and Grandpa in Bemidji, MN last week. We had a good time at the family reunion hiking, swimming, and visiting. The kids are having a blast at Grandma and Grandpa's. They are crossing items off their to do list and getting very spoiled. They have been swimming quite a bit. Valynn and Mason helped unload the grocery truck one morning. They went quilting one day, and played hide and seek with Brady using walkie talkies this weekend. One day this week they are going to the State Fair. From the sounds of it Grandma and Grandpa are holding up well. They aren't used to the activity but thankfully our kids are pretty user friendly. Even Kyleigh has adjusted well. The blond girl in the photo next to the lake is LuAnn, she and Kyra were buddies at the family reunion.
I suppose you are asking yourselves what Mark and I have been doing to keep busy. On Monday I picked produce from our garden and the neighbor's garden. I froze the sweet corn that the neighbor dropped off over the weekend, about 6 dozen ears. I have thoroughly cleaned the kids' rooms, including washing the curtains, and have gone through their clothes. I've looked over school supplies and today we bought everything else that was needed for school. I have been busy canning green beans, salsa, jelly, and spaghetti sauce as well as freezing onions and zucchini. We have weeded the garden and cleaned the house. Monday night Mark's sister Janice spent the night. Mark has been busy with class and work. Friday night Mark and I spent a night on the town and tonight we're going to the neighbors for a couple date while their kids are in bed.
I have another week to get things done around the house but the way things are ripening in the garden I might be spending another week in the kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment