Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kyra's first day of preschool




I can now officially say I have three kids in school. Wow, where has the time gone? Kyra had a great first day. She was so excited that after they let her out she ran across the grass to get to me instead of following the line of students on the sidewalk. She assures me that she'll stay on the sidewalk next time.

We've been busy here so I haven't had time to post about our weekend. We went to the Johnson's for supper on Friday night. We played bean bags and the kids ran around the house countless times. On Saturday we worked around the house, I cleaned up the kitchen after making spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, and salsa on Friday. We took care of the potatoes and squash from the garden and Mark worked in the garage. We also went uptown for ice cream for the kids' birthdays with money from Grandma and Grandpa Rinkel. On Sunday we went to church and then for supper we met the Bowdoins at a local state park where they were camping for supper. We had grilled hamburgers, YUM, and the kids rode their bikes around the campground. Kyra learned how to ride her tricycle and she's so proud of herself. The kids also went toad hunting, but they didn't find any. On Labor Day we picked apples, sliced a few and froze them and then made applesauce out of the rest. Yesterday I canned 29 pints of applesauce in addition to the 8 quarts we froze.

Kyleigh is starting to talk. She can say hi and bye. The heart melter is when she says "ug" (hug). She'll say "ug" and then come up for a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment