Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First day of school


Today is the first day of school for Valynn and Mason. Yes, I'm a little sad that I'm sending another off to school. I know Mason will do great, he picked his favorite breakfast of scrambled eggs with bacon, mushrooms, and onions for breakfast. Mark walked the kids to the bus and then met Mason at the high school to take him to his classroom for the first day. I met the bus at the elementary school to walk Valynn to her classroom. Kyra and Kyleigh are a little lost without their older sibling but I know we'll do just fine. I have to say if this is a sign of things to come I'm going to get more done during the day, alas, I'm sure it's just a fluke that I was able to clean up after breakfast, wash dishes, unload and load the dishwasher, bake Kyra's cake, and frost her turrets all during Kyleigh's morning nap.

Today is also Mark and my 9 year wedding anniversary. We celebrated a couple of weeks ago when the kids were in North Dakota. It's hard to believe that it's been 9 years already. 9 years ago neither of us thought we would be parents to fours kids, two of whom are school age and we couldn't be happier.

We had a long weekend here with sick kids. Friday night about 11:00 Mason got sick. Around 1:30 Valynn started getting sick. We were up every 15-45 minutes with one of them, at least they can hit buckets. It was a very long night until about 6:00 in the morning when their stomachs finally settled down. We were good until about 1:00 Saturday afternoon when Kyleigh got sick. Luckily she only threw up twice. Saturday and Sunday were pretty much spent lounging around and taking it easy. Mark worked on his garage and we now have garage door openers and outside lights.

Yesterday we met some friends at Tanner's Orchard. The kids have fun playing in the playground and of course eating some cider donuts. I have a couple of pictures I hope to get later but they are on a different camera. I had to send mine in to get fixed and am borrowing a friends camera for the next few weeks because of all the times to have a camera break it's during birthday season at the Rinkel household.

We are gearing up for birthday, first up is Kyra's this Friday. She's is having a castle cake, I can't wait to see the finished product. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment